Global Diving & Salvage, Inc. (Global) is the largest diving contractor on the West Coast, based out of Seattle, WA, a leading provider of marine construction and infrastructure support services in the United States, and an internationally recognized casualty responder.
Employees are an integral asset to ensuring our success and as such our staff is required to meet the highest expectations. We take pride in our renowned safety standards and require Global employees to utilize safe work practices at all times. We count on our employees to perform in fast paced environments while still satisfying customer needs and maintaining effective working relationships. The ability to proactively identify issues and offer innovative solutions is also highly praised. Additionally, we expect our workers be able to effectively function under pressure in order to achieve required deadlines. Our staff should be capable of working independently, however Global is fundamentally concerned with team work and the invaluable part it plays in this industry. We have a commitment to our employees and, in turn, expect our employees to contribute to the success of Global.
We are accepting applications for Diver/Tender. This person will report to the company’s Regional Dive Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake dives and other duties as directed by the Supervisor;
- Ensure that personal diving equipment is working correctly and is suitable for the planned dive;
- Ensure full understanding of the dive plan and is competent to carry out the planned task;
- Know the routine and emergency procedures;
- Report any medical problem or symptoms experienced during or after the dive;
- Ability to identify and report any equipment faults, other potential hazards, near misses or accidents;
- Keep logbook up to date and have it signed by the Supervisor after each dive.